CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.17.2011

Teacher Appreciation Bookmarks

I made these last year for the Mess Maker's preK teachers, and they really liked them.  So, why reinvent the wheel???  :)  These are the ones I just made for her teachers this year...same except for the kids' names and responses to the question, "I like Ms. _____ because...".

I used my Cricut A Child's Year cartridge to cut the kids at the bottom at 2 1/4" in blackout mode, trimming some of the bottom of the image off so it didn't cover any of the type.  The base of the bookmark is 3 1/4" x 7 1/2".  The patterned paper is 3" x 7 1/4" and the cream cardstock with the responses is cut to 2 3/4" x 7".  The font is Chocolate Box (one of my faves!) downloaded from dafont.com.  I added an eyelet and ribbon, along with some twine accented with wooden barrel beads.

I just love hearing the responses from preschoolers as to why they like their teachers!  Here is a sampling of what the students said:

"She writes notes and hugs me"
"She opens things"
"She plays silly songs"
"I like to talk to her"
"She listens to my stories"
"She gives me snacks"

Awwwwww....pretty stinkin' cute, right?  :)
These will be given along with a gift card to the teachers' favorite restaurants, from the whole class.  Can't wait to see what they say!

2 comments:

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

I LOVE kids' take on things. They are so pure and honest, and sweet.

I love these bookmarks! Great idea. I have blog awards for you if you would like them!
http://4goofballs.blogspot.com/2011/05/overdue-blog-award-thank-yous.html

Excell Print said...

Hi, I visit your blogs and read your content. Your content and blogs are very nice. The Custom bookmarks are uses to institution for business. I am impressed with your services.